Sometimes, especially in local politics, the things we believe and stand for speak louder and more clearly than the issues that we think are important.
Don't get me wrong, issues are important, but the issues change over time, and our beliefs inform all of our decisions, even those in the future.
Here are some of my beliefs:
- Loveland is an amazing place to live.
- Our government exists to serve our people.
- Our government should be efficient and effective.
- All of our people should be encouraged to participate in government.
- The City should treat its people as partners.
- Caring, thoughtful leadership creates trust.
- In preserving the character of Loveland’s excellent Downtown.
- We must embrace the future, and play the long game.
- We should use technology as a tool to communicate effectively with our people.
- Small businesses create a resilient economy. City government should support small businesses and help them grow.
- Public Art creates beautiful cities. Music is public art too!
- Affordable housing is essential for a thriving city.
- No single person has all the answers. We get more done when we work together.
- I believe in listening more and talking less.
- We can always do better, and we should.